Respecting Your Privacy and Personal Information
FVS respects the privacy of every individual who accesses our website. FVS does not sell, rent, give away or loan your personally identifiable information to any third party (other than agents, contractors or service providers of FVS) unless we have your (or your parent/guardian's) consent or are required by subpoena, court order or legal process to do so. We maintain appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personally identifiable information under our control. Personally identifiable information we may collect if you provide it includes your name, date of birth, phone number, email address, physical address, bank account information, credit card information or any combination of information that could be used to identify you.
Where and How We Might Collect Information
- Information you provide to us: Whenever you use the FVS website to request admission information, make a gift or donation, purchase an item from the Dane Spirit Store, register for an event such as camps or Alumni Weekend, personal information may be requested. This information is used to obtain payment and/or to fulfill your request.
- Information gathered automatically: Unless you take steps to browse the Internet anonymously, FVS can track web browsing patterns of website visitors when you log on to the FVS website. The information we collect is based on your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, and is not linked to your specific email address in any of the reports or other material compiled by FVS. Your IP address is a series of numbers that identifies the location of each computer or network. The information we gather may include the browser type, the date and time of the request, average time spent on the website, pages viewed and any inquiries that you may have made. We do not associate your IP address and web usage data with any other information held by FVS that can specifically identify you unless required to do so by law.
Why We Collect Your Information
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide services and information to you. We may use information that you provide about yourself to fulfill requests for products, programs and services and to respond to inquiries about our offerings.
Disclosure of Information
- FVS may disclose personally identifiable information to respond to legal requirements and enforce our School rules and policies. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- We may also share personally identifiable information with agents, contractors and/or service providers for FVS who assist with our operations (e.g., the service provider that handles fulfillment of credit card purchases made via the FVS website);
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to an investigation or alleged illegal activity;
- Third parties that provide a valid subpoena or court order; or
- Third parties as requested or authorized by you (or your parent or guardian).
Updating Your Personal Information
If you wish to access or update your information please, contact the Office of Marketing & Communications at email@example.com.
The School occasionally posts images on the website or on social media sites of constituents – in particular, alumni and current students. FVS keeps parental/guardian permissions on file for use of student photos (under age 18). Students can be identified by name. We will honor all requests by users who wish to have images of themselves removed from the website or social media sites. To make such a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.