Application materials should be submitted to the Office of Admission by February 1. Late applications will be accepted on a space-available-basis. All applicants must submit the required forms and interview for admission. FVS strongly encourages prospective students to visit the campus personally to meet students and faculty, attend classes and have an admission interview. Applicants unable to visit campus should contact the Office of Admission to discuss alternatives. No admission decision can be made prior to the completion of the application process.
1. Arrange a visit to campus and schedule a personal interview through the Office of Admission.
2. Application for Admission (completed on www.ssat.org
) accompanied by the application fee paid in U.S. currency ($50 U.S.; $150 international):
- Part I: Biographical Information
- Part II: Student Statement
- Part III: Parent/Guardian Statement
3. Two Recommendations:
- Current English Teacher
- Current Mathematics Teacher
4. 2” x 2” photograph of applicant
5. Official Transcript of grades and courses with a seal or registrar’s signature for the current academic year and the previous year.
6. Standardized Testing Results:
- SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test) results are required of English-speaking students. Applicants may submit scores from the ACT, ISEE, PSAT or SAT I in lieu of the SSAT. With an advance appointment, the SSAT can be administered during the campus visit. The SSAT Code for Fountain Valley School is 3244. The ERB/ISEE Code for Fountain Valley School is 570815.
- TOEFL results are required of students for whom English is not their native language. To learn more about the TOEFL exam locations, call (609) 771-7100, or visit the Educational Testing Service’s Web site: www.toefl.org. Our TOEFL code is 8089.
Complete applications are due by Feb. 1 of every year. Interviews with an admission officer are necessary and should be completed by Feb. 1 also. Contact the Admission Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (719) 391-5251 to schedule a Skype interview if you cannot visit campus in person. International applicants must obtain a student visa prior to enrollment. Immigration requests for student visas (I-20 documentation) are completed by the Office of Admission after an admitted applicant has returned the Enrollment Contract and tuition deposit.
Prior to Enrollment:
- Verification of sufficient funds or an affidavit of support from a sponsor
- Translation into English of official school transcripts from the last two academic years
- Copy of current U.S. student visa, if applicable
- Must provide current e-mail address and phone number for English-speaking friend or relative. This person will serve as FVS' primary contact during your academic career.