The Advancement Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Advancement and will support the Advancement Department (including Development, Admissions, and Communications) in various ways throughout the year to help advance the mission of Fountain Valley School. From time to time, this person will also work closely with the Head of School, Assistant to the Head of School and department lead for specific events. The department lead will be responsible for the overall strategy and management of the event, while the Advancement Coordinator will be responsible for logistical details and supporting event execution.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Process accurate data and gift recording including gift receipting and donor acknowledgments using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge donor database
- Produce segmented solicitation/informational letters
- Update constituent information in the Raiser’s Edge donor database and the Blackbaud On-Board applicant database
- Prepare general correspondence and monthly reports
- Oversee all mailings that go “out of the house” for labeling and mailing
- Assist in communications with volunteers (Class Agents, Parent Agents, and Trustees)
- Build mailing lists for email campaigns through ConstantContact
- Oversee and manage logistical details for major Advancement events including, but not limited to Reunion Weekend, Fall Family Weekend, Alumni Association Welcome Dinner, Admissions Visiting Days, campaign events, major donor events, other off-campus events, and international events, etc.
- Responsible for event invitations, managing RSVPs, and managing event registration, as needed
- Organize and manage event details and logistics such as venues, catering, entertainment, invitation/program creation, audio-visual needs, promotional material, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of volunteer/staff requirements for Advancement events
- Conduct pre- and post/event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Manage the calendar for the Director of Advancement
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Apps Educational Suite, mail merges, and data input. Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal expression, experience in proofreading and editing
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and prioritize among assignments
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team player
- Environment: indoor office working with some outdoor events
- Physical demands: able to sit and stand for at least 8 hours per day; occasional after hours, weekend and/ or weeknight obligations. Must be able to lift 40 lb.
- Attendance at certain events will be required
- Working relationships: students, parents, outside vendors, and all other employees
FVS’ Core Values are courage, open-mindedness, self-reliance, curiosity, and compassion. FVS supports a culture of communication and collaboration with the intent of creating an environment of predictability and support for our students, parents, and colleagues. FVS employees celebrate diversity, participate fully in the school community, embrace the power of the prairie, the peaks, and the history of the School. FVS teaching faculty challenge students, create opportunities for learning and growth beyond the academic day, employ innovative teaching methods, and pursue professional and personal development through lifelong learning.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado provides a rigorous, global curriculum in academics, arts, athletics and the outdoors in a diverse community to develop young adults who are courageous, open-minded, self-reliant, curious and compassionate.
Send letter of application, resume and list of three professional references to:
Fountain Valley School of Colorado
Colorado Springs, CO 80911