Ensures standards for cleanliness, safety, and building security. Maintains a safe, comfortable, and secure learning environment for students, staff, and public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure cleanliness, safety and security of buildings. Checks for vandalism, needed repairs and maintenance and report such findings to supervisor.
- Monitor and report to supervisor any problems related to the interior and exterior lighting fixtures, roofs, gutters, floor situations. Keep grounds free of debris, walkways clean and free of ice and snow.
- Maintain a safe storage area for supplies and equipment. Work within the system for reporting supply needs and inventory control.
- Cleaning of classroom, restroom, hallways, office area, lounge(s), gym, and lab building which includes a lunchroom per Cleaning Responsibilities sheet.
- Assist with fire drills, setting up for special events and meetings, when needed.
- Remain alert to the safety and welfare needs of children.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of building and grounds operations and maintenance as applied to the requirements of a lower/middle school.
- Knowledge of custodial equipment operation and cleaning procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Process a valid Colorado driver’s license
- At least three years; experience in a related field
Environment: Fast-paced, demanding office, working with faculty, administrators, vendors and high school students. The work is regularly active the periods of heavy exertion.
Physical Demands: Able to sit, stand and frequently lift equipment and materials weighing 100 pounds or more, crawl, climb ladders, twist, turn and reach in completing a variety of job duties. Work outside in hot or cold conditions for extended periods of time. Climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding; bend, kneel, crouch, crawl; reach, hold, grasp and turn objects; feel the size, shape and temperature of items; and use fingers to operate computer or typewriter keyboards. The work requires the ability to communicate quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
Work in wide variety of environments as found in all areas of the school. The work requires the ability to speak normally, to use normal or aided vision and hearing, and to detect odors.
Able to operate vehicles and machines. Occasional weekend and/or weeknight obligations.
Working Relationships: Students, parents, admission personnel and all other FVS employees
FVS’ Core Values are courage, open mindedness, self-reliance, curiosity, and compassion. FVS supports a culture of communication and collaboration with the intent of creating an environment of predictability and support for our students, parents, and colleagues. FVS employees celebrate diversity, participate fully in the school community, embrace the power of the prairie, the peaks, and the history of the School. FVS teaching faculty challenge students, create opportunities for learning and growth beyond the academic day, employ innovative teaching methods, and pursue professional and personal development through lifelong learning.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado provides a rigorous, global curriculum in academics, arts, athletics and the outdoors in a diverse community to develop young adults who are courageous, open-minded, self-reliant, curious and compassionate.
Send letter of application, resume and list of three professional references to:
Fountain Valley School of Colorado
Colorado Springs, CO 80911