Performs maintenance and minor repairs in school complex and surrounding grounds. Performs work assignments. Ensures standards for cleanliness, safety, and building security. Maintains a safe, comfortable, and secure learning environment for students, staff, and public. Requires on-call services during the month.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Opens and unlocks buildings for daily use. Turns off alarms, turns on necessary lights.
- Inspects school complex daily to ensure cleanliness, safety and security of buildings. Checks for vandalism, needed repairs, and maintenance.
- Schedules work assignments. Supervises, inspects or actively participates in all phases of maintenance including routine cleaning of all areas of buildings and grounds maintenance. Set-up a Preventative maintenance program and perform preventative maintenance as needed.
- Responds, supervises and actively participates in all phases of emergency cleanup to include snow removal, storm damage, and vandalism.
- Monitors building systems including heating, air conditioning, ventilation, water, security and fire alarm systems, and interior/exterior lighting. Insures proper room temperature throughout the building.
- Performs HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, maintenance, and repairs including PMs.
- Repairs and adjusts major and minor mechanical equipment as needed. Oil and cleans motors and compressors.
- Changes light bulbs; repairs or replaces light fixtures; repairs/replaces door closures, door hinges, and locks. Repairs lockers, furniture, chalk boards and custodial equipment.
- Reports structural/mechanical repairs, maintenance projects and emergencies which are beyond building staff capacity. Submits job orders and coordinates scheduled repairs or projects through the Director of Facilities.
- Maintains all required records including outside vendor logs, staff time sheets, cleaning supply/usage, orders and receives supplies, documents inventory and submits annual budget. Distributes supply orders as needed.
- Runs errands if necessary.
- Select, train, evaluate and recommend discipline of custodial staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of building and grounds operations and maintenance as applied to the requirements of a school.
- Knowledge of custodial equipment operation and cleaning procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
High School diploma or equivalent;
Process a valid Colorado driver’s license
At least three years experience in a related field
Environment: Fast-paced, demanding office, working with faculty, administrators, vendors and high school students
Physical Demands: Able to sit, stand and frequently lift equipment and materials weighing 100 pounds or more, crawl, climb ladders, twist, turn and reach in completing a variety of job duties. Work outside in hot or cold conditions for extended periods of time. Climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding; bend, kneel, crouch, crawl; reach, hold, grasp and turn objects; feel the size, shape and temperature of items; and use fingers to operate computer or typewriter keyboards. The work requires the ability to communicate quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
Work in wide variety of environments as found in all areas of the school.
Able to operate vehicles and machines. Occasional weekend and/or weeknight obligations.
Working Relationships: Students, parents, admission personnel and all other FVS employees
FVS’ Core Values are courage, open mindedness, self-reliance, curiosity, and compassion. FVS supports a culture of communication and collaboration with the intent of creating an environment of predictability and support for our students, parents, and colleagues. FVS employees celebrate diversity, participate fully in the school community, embrace the power of the prairie, the peaks, and the history of the School. FVS teaching faculty challenge students, create opportunities for learning and growth beyond the academic day, employ innovative teaching methods, and pursue professional and personal development through lifelong learning.
Fountain Valley School of Colorado provides a rigorous, global curriculum in academics, arts, athletics and the outdoors in a diverse community to develop young adults who are courageous, open-minded, self-reliant, curious and compassionate.
Send letter of application, resume and list of three professional references to:
Fountain Valley School of Colorado
Colorado Springs, CO 80911